Deckthehalls

Saturday, January 22, 2011

WARNING: Not intended for those with weak stomachs.

Many of you know that I have a handsome little boy in my life that I absolutely love to pieces. I couldn't imagine my life without my son. However, I could have lived without the stretch marks and extra flab he blessed me with. He is approaching 11 months here in a few weeks, so I am really struggling with the fact that I still have not lost all of my baby weight. :/ Not cool.

This is why I am going to work hard to lose my extra weight and get to a point where I am happy with my body again. I want to lose about 40 pounds, but really any amount would be nice. I am super nervous to publish this post (in fact, I've been putting it off for the past 3 days LOL), but I know that it will be the encouragement that I need. Right now I am at 168 lbs and I am not happy to show you the time line of my body, but here it goes!

Me and Cody at our senior prom. This was about 2 months before I got pregnant.
I believe this was taken at about 8 weeks pregnant.
This was 2 weeks before I had Ethan. 




(Grab your barf bags, this next image is not going to be pretty).









And now, almost 11 months after pregnancy. Absolutely disgusting.

I am in serious need of some ego boost and self esteem repair. My goal is to be able to wear a bikini this summer without looking like a beached whale. I started using a calorie counter today and I have been going to the gym a few times a week. I plan on starting some vitamins and eating much healthier. I am desperately trying to cut back my pop intake, but I am finding that to be more difficult than I expected. It is a work in progress. I can do this! I will do this!

3 comments:

  1. Loosing baby weight is so hard, but I think you look great! Your body will probably never be what it was before you had your baby, but you should still find a reason to love every bit of flab and every stretch mark, look at what they gave you! That's what I tell myself when I feel discouraged by all my stretch marks, and this pooch of flab that goes nowhere no matter how much weight I loose. I have two beautiful boys that my body produced, it doesn't need to be perfect in order to be amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg, when I read the post title I was totally expecting something about poopy diapers. There's no need to call your body gross! You have a beautiful figure, even if it's not what it used to be. Would you be so mean to your best friend? I've struggled with weight up and down for years, and I was actually the most unhappy I've ever been when I was the skinniest I've ever been in my entire life. I still struggle with this, but when I'm nice to myself, I'm able to see my body as more than a number on the scale or hips that don't fit into my favorite jeans. My body has done great things for me--particularly giving me my son. Do something nice for yourself and your body, and you'll find your body will become a better place to live.

    You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! You're right, this is probably the happiest I have ever been in my life, but I just want to look as good as I feel! Haha I know that I can do it with a little motivation and determination. :)

    So funny about the dirty diapers! Little man actually did have a really bad one this morning! :P

    ReplyDelete